Wednesday, May 6, 2009

DAILY TEMPERATURE DECLARATION

I received this message in my Inbox:

6 May 2009

Dear Residents,

DAILY TEMPERATURE DECLARATION

As a precautionary measure against the H1N1 influenza virus, all residents will be required to monitor their own temperatures on a daily basis.

Please submit your temperature reading online by 10am each day, via the following website address: [removed]

Please be informed that non-compliance may pose health risks to our residents and compromise the university’s efforts to keep out the H1N1 Influenza virus.

We seek your cooperation in this exercise and thank you for your patience and understanding.

Residential Services

Office of student Affairs


Seriously!!? I guess to those not living in Singapore this may not seem (initially spelled seam, thanks to my Mom for pointing that out) too extreme. But when a thermometer is put in your ear for nearly every building you walk into on campus, it gets a little tiring. They actually close the library early now (during exams) because they can't afford to keep paying the thermometer people. And, they have cancelled all school trips out of the country.


I feel like this could be dealt with at the airports, they know where peoples flights are from, if they are coming from a flu affected area they could test peoples temperature. Oh yeah, they are doing that too, I got thermal scanned coming back from Thailand the other day. This country can be so hysterical sometimes, but I guess it's better than China which appears to be quarantining people because they are Mexican. Singapore seems to understand its caused by a flu virus, not Mexicans.

1 comment:

  1. ooh my aunt was telling me about this! crazy!

    well mom told me I needed to check out this blog of yours...she was fascinated with how technologically advanced you seemed lol!

    Hope you're having a great trip. Enjoy what's left of it!

    carling

    ReplyDelete