Sunday, May 24, 2009

Crocs Eat Flip-flops for Breakfast

Today I went to Bangkok's weekend market, Chatuchak. I wandered around the maze-esque bazaar for hours in fourty degrees and gave into my consumeristic side a wee bit.

At the end of a long day, I realized something; I hate flip-flops. I've owned Crocs for a long time, and I wore them nearly everyday in Singapore, unfortunately I lost them on Ko Tao. When I got to Bangkok I decided to buy flip-flops instead of Crocs, big mistake. I don't understand how people can tolerate flip-flops, the bottoms of my feet are very sore and I have blisters between my toes and on the tops of my feet. Here are my thoughts on the flip-flop/Croc debate:

Firstly, and undeniably, Crocs are more comfortable that the thongs.

Crocs also look ridiculous, which I think is a bonus. I feel like I am sticking it to 'the man' or 'fashion police' when I stroll down the road in my Crocs. I actually had someone say upon meeting me 'are you actually wearing those in plublic?!'. Score one for the fashion criminals!


(I've found the effect is greatly increased on fashionistas when I wear Crocs with socks.)

No comments:

Post a Comment