Sunday, April 19, 2009

Grounded

Today was the day I leave for Thailand. However due to an assignment for my Soil Mechanics class, which is due today, I needed to stay and finish it. Hopefully if I get my work done I can leave tonight or tomorrow.

On the brighter side, I just got back from Tioman Island. The Island itself looks like its from the movie Jurassic Park; lots of jungle with steep hills with exotic wildlife like bearded monkeys (made that name up), monitor lizards and velociraptors. The atmosphere at the beach we stayed at was laid back, with backpackers and locals hanging out on the beach until late at night. Tioman is also known for scuba diving, I was able to do four dives and saw a blacktip reef shark, two cuttle fish and a sea turtle.

1 comment:

  1. I feel like I'm going to be addicted to your blog. Looking forward to your stories.
    Bon voyage!

    M

    ReplyDelete